From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: per-package default USE flags
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:12:24
1 On Sunday 15 October 2006 14:16, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 02:09:58 -0400 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
3 > | what are you talking about ? the point of having per-package
4 > | defaults is so that you can enable a flag by default in one package
5 > | only
6 >
7 > package != ebuild.
8 >
9 > | to take the oss example, we would want to remove that from our
10 > | profiles and only enable it by default on say libsdl
11 >
12 > That's removing it from one place and adding it to five others.
13
14 ... and you can have different default USE for some versions so if a feature
15 changes between them, you can easily control it
16 -mike