From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: per-package default USE flags
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:25:05
1 On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 15:09:32 -0400 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | On Sunday 15 October 2006 14:16, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | > On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 02:09:58 -0400 Mike Frysinger
5 | > <vapier@g.o>
6 | > | what are you talking about ? the point of having per-package
7 | > | defaults is so that you can enable a flag by default in one
8 | > | package only
9 | >
10 | > package != ebuild.
11 | >
12 | > | to take the oss example, we would want to remove that from our
13 | > | profiles and only enable it by default on say libsdl
14 | >
15 | > That's removing it from one place and adding it to five others.
16 |
17 | ... and you can have different default USE for some versions so if a
18 | feature changes between them, you can easily control it
19
20 Which is very much not the normal case, so it's not worth requiring
21 five times as much duplication just for the occasional time when it is
22 necessary.
25 Ciaran McCreesh
26 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
27 Web : http://ciaranm.org/