From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] On banning merge commits
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 10:22:13
1 On Wed, 11 May 2016 02:18:03 +1200
2 Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 11 May 2016 at 00:04, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
5 > > well, then I can commit crap with --author mrp@g.o and claim
6 > > he made me rebase it :)
9 > Well, if you're going down that line ...
10 >
11 > You don't rebase it, you just merge it, than then mrp claims obama
12 > forced his hand to write the commit at gunpoint and sign it, and
13 > that's why he is both --author and --committer
14 >
15 > That's obviously silly talk :D
18 yes, and it was meant to be :)
21 my point was more that if we want signed commits, then better have
22 author sign it, and thus use merge
23
24 if we just want committer signature, then I don't really see the
25 point in signing: it isnt more secure than pecker access + ldap
26 password, and infra could simply sign public git trees with a unique
27 gentoo key
28
29 [...]