From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 49 - take 2
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 16:32:37
1 Brian Harring wrote:
2 > On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 11:54:25AM -0400, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
3 >>> Am I missing something obvious?
4 >>>
5 >>> -g2boojum-
6 >> Probably just the blatant Ciaran hate, and the realization that people
7 >> will have to suck it up and deal with him if his package manager ever
8 >> becomes official for Gentoo. Who was it that mentioned this GLEP
9 >> stacked the desk against Paludis?
10 >
11 > Might surprise you, but most of those restrictions actually affect
12 > *more* then just paludis.
13
14 I'm perfectly aware.
17 > Pkgcore is external, and will be making a run for official also-
18 > granted, easier to just state "you're just trying to screw with
19 > ciaranm" to disprove it (rather then arguing the points).
20
21 Arguing the points aren't the issue. I just have a strong suspicion
22 that the official requirement is an anti-Ciaranm measure, particularly
23 considering that there is a huge contingent of people who would rather
24 die in a fire than let him back onto the developer team in order to make
25 paludis official.
26
27 I don't foresee the same issue with you and pkgcore, since these same
28 folks would likely be glad to take you back in in order to make it an
29 official gentoo project. You only left the project initially *because*
30 of Ciaran, you weren't kicked out.
33 > So... yeah, two sides to it, paludis ain't the only one, don't do the
34 > flamebait bit please.
35
36 Just don't pretend that what I have stated isn't an issue. Otherwise,
37 you are being naive (or pretending).
38
39 -Steve
40 --