From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: GLEP 19: Gentoo Stable Portage Tree -- ideas
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 15:16:29
1 On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 02:36 -0700, Duncan wrote:
2 > OTOH, it's entirely possible a Gentoo /based/ enterprise distribution may
3 > emerge at some point. IMO, however, there's enough conflict with what
4 > makes Gentoo great at what it does today, that such efforts should be
5 > separate from Gentoo itself.
6
7 I don't disagree with you entirely, but there's nothing stopping us from
8 *also* producing a "Gentoo Enterprise Linux" distribution.
9
10 Like I said, I'll post my proposal, modified to fit the times, of
11 course, as soon as I get a chance (it'll take a while to write back up).
14 Chris Gianelloni
15 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
16 x86 Architecture Team
17 Games - Developer