From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: News Item: Portage Dynamic Deps
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 13:15:36
1 On 01/23/2018 07:40 AM, Michael Palimaka wrote:
2 >>
3 >> Did you come up with a solution how to handle eclass-generated dependency
4 >> changes then?
5 >
6 > No.
7 >
8 > Bug #641346 was filed for clarification about this, but it just got
9 > closed without answering the question or consulting anyone.
10 >
11 > Now, every time we want to make a minor change we need to revbump half
12 > the tree due to a change that has been forced mostly by people not
13 > actually involved in any actual ebuild maintenance.
14
15 You could always set "--dynamic-deps y" on your machine, and ignore the
16 breakage caused to end users (i.e. the situation last week).