From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: News Item: Portage Dynamic Deps
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 13:40:40
1 On 01/24/2018 12:15 AM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 01/23/2018 07:40 AM, Michael Palimaka wrote:
3 >>>
4 >>> Did you come up with a solution how to handle eclass-generated dependency
5 >>> changes then?
6 >>
7 >> No.
8 >>
9 >> Bug #641346 was filed for clarification about this, but it just got
10 >> closed without answering the question or consulting anyone.
11 >>
12 >> Now, every time we want to make a minor change we need to revbump half
13 >> the tree due to a change that has been forced mostly by people not
14 >> actually involved in any actual ebuild maintenance.
15 >
16 > You could always set "--dynamic-deps y" on your machine, and ignore the
17 > breakage caused to end users (i.e. the situation last week).
18
19 You mean the breakage caused by changing default options without any
20 consultation or notification?