From: banym tuxaner <banym.tuxaner@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: guidline to set a timeline of removal of ebuild from stable tree
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:49:55
1 Hi,
2
3 my opinion is to make the sync machanism more intelligent in this way.
4 I don't want to have a tree with 2 stable versions or old versions of
5 ebuilds.
6 My idea is to let the actual(old) installed ebuild version untouched so you
7 are able to downgrade after an update, and you are although able to
8 downgrade to you old stabe version if it is older than just the last version
9 of the ebuild.
10
11 In this way you don't have the problem in the official tree because
12 everybody is able to downgrade to his old version no matter how old.
13
14 so but just an idea
15
16 banym