From: Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changing doc use flag on gtk-doc packages to gtk-doc-rebuild or something else
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 19:55:03
1 Le dimanche 05 octobre 2008 à 20:34 +0200, Thomas Sachau a écrit :
2 > Did i say something about disk space? I say, you are using the doc use flag in a way that is not
3 > expected. The global use flag says, it installs additional documentation. But your doc use flag does
4 > not install anything additional, but instead rebuilds those docs. There is nothing wrong with
5 > rebuilding them on use=doc, but imho you should also only install those docs with use=doc.
6 >
7 > The patch could be as simple as adding >use doc || rm -rf "${D}"usr/share/gtk-doc< at the end of
8 > src_install()-function in gnome2.eclass, that should be simple enough to apply without a patch. :)
9
10 I've not dig that information but it seems to me this is the way it is
11 because gtk-doc configure switch itself acts like this.
12
13 Now if ones digs the archive of this mailing list, I think there was
14 some talk about renaming the flag for compilation vs. installation only
15 in order to be more consistent with global use flag meaning but I can't
16 remember the outcome.
17
18 Besides if one really doesn't want to install _any_ gtk-doc there is
19 still the INSTALL_MASK option (I know it's for l33t users reading mans,
20 but...).
21 --
22 Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@g.o>
23 Gentoo