From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changing doc use flag on gtk-doc packages to gtk-doc-rebuild or something else
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 18:35:08
1 Rémi Cardona schrieb:
2 > Thomas Sachau a écrit :
3 >> Why not do both (rebuild and install) with the doc useflag and none of
4 >> both, if it is not set? Imho
5 >> the doc flag is for control of installation for (additional) docs, the
6 >> way it is used for gtk-doc is
7 >> surely confusing.
10 > Building gtk-doc documentation pulls in a lot of deps. Installing it
11 > requires only some disk-space. For a full Gnome system, I only have 96M
12 > of docs.
13 >
14 > As for rebuilding docs, one of the advantage is to correctly crosslink
15 > docs for tools such as dev-util/devhelp.
16 >
17 > If anyone is _that_ short on diskspace, we'll gladly take patches :)
18 >
19 > Cheers
20 >
21 > Rémi
25 Did i say something about disk space? I say, you are using the doc use flag in a way that is not
26 expected. The global use flag says, it installs additional documentation. But your doc use flag does
27 not install anything additional, but instead rebuilds those docs. There is nothing wrong with
28 rebuilding them on use=doc, but imho you should also only install those docs with use=doc.
29
30 The patch could be as simple as adding >use doc || rm -rf "${D}"usr/share/gtk-doc< at the end of
31 src_install()-function in gnome2.eclass, that should be simple enough to apply without a patch. :)
32
33 Btw: e.g. x11-libs/gtk+ has no doc use flag, does not rebuild those docs, but does also install
34 those docs as reported in bug 239524.
37 Thomas Sachau
38
39 Gentoo Linux Developer
40 use doc || rm -rf "${D}usr/share/gtk-doc