From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] utf-8 fixes for metadata.xml
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 14:17:57
1 On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 19:15:15 -0700 "Robin H. Johnson"
2 <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
3 | vim-6.3.084 still breaks them, unless you set encoding=utf-8 in your
4 | vim settings. It's the same bug I spoke to you about earlier today.
5
6 Bleh, I just figured that one out. The best way around it is to export
7 LC_ALL=en_US.utf8 before editing UTF-8 files.
8
9 | As a vim workaround, maybe force encoding=utf-8 in the gentoo filetype
10 | stuff?
11
12 Hrm, we can't mess with encoding without breaking things for people
13 using silly terminals (like aterm, gnome-terminal and konsole) that lie
14 about their $TERM.
17 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
18 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
19 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm