From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] utf-8 fixes for metadata.xml
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 10:26:55
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Bleh, I just figured that one out. The best way around it is to export
3 > LC_ALL=en_US.utf8 before editing UTF-8 files.
4
5 I've had some troubles (mainly `less` and some X apps working
6 incorrectly) with LC_CTYPE=cs_CZ.utf8 which were fixed by
7 LC_CTYPE=cs_CZ.UTF-8. It seems that the case doesn't matter, but the "-"
8 is important.
9
10 > Hrm, we can't mess with encoding without breaking things for people
11 > using silly terminals (like aterm, gnome-terminal and konsole) that lie
12 > about their $TERM.
13
14 My konsole reports "xterm"; what's wrong with that?
15
16 -jkt
20 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth