From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suggestion for next bugday: Mass use deps migration
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 21:34:33
1 On Freitag, 20. Februar 2009, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Suggestions/objections?
3
4 If you mean by "mass migration" doing that more or less blindly, I do object.
5 When an ebuild directly or indirectly inherits an eclass, which is EAPI 2
6 enabled, like base.eclass, while another isn't, you have to expect
7 side-effects. See for example media-tv/kdetv-0.8.9-r1, which features an
8 empty src_prepare to prevent the attempt to apply patches twice, temporarily.
9
10 So the first step is to get all eclasses EAPI 2 ready and even then I wouldn't
11 rule out odd cases, so changes should happen in testing and revised ebuilds
12 exclusively to assure odd cases get caught.
15 Carsten