From: "Tomáš Chvátal" <scarabeus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suggestion for next bugday: Mass use deps migration
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 21:44:49
1 Dne neděle 22 Únor 2009 22:34:19
2 > Carsten Lohrke wrote:
3 > On Freitag, 20. Februar 2009, Petteri Räty wrote:
4 > > Suggestions/objections?
5 >
6 > If you mean by "mass migration" doing that more or less blindly, I do
7 > object. When an ebuild directly or indirectly inherits an eclass, which is
8 > EAPI 2 enabled, like base.eclass, while another isn't, you have to expect
9 > side-effects. See for example media-tv/kdetv-0.8.9-r1, which features an
10 > empty src_prepare to prevent the attempt to apply patches twice,
11 > temporarily.
12 >
13 > So the first step is to get all eclasses EAPI 2 ready and even then I
14 > wouldn't rule out odd cases, so changes should happen in testing and
15 > revised ebuilds exclusively to assure odd cases get caught.
18 > Carsten
19 Well that is the reason why i am first eapi2ing the kde eclass. I was really
20 suprised when i saw kde3 ebuilds with eapi2 :(
21 The smalest problems i can spot in the first place are:
22 1) not working PATCHES array
23 2) double configure script run.
24
25 So i agree that we have to doublecheck every eclass and eapi2fy them in first
26 place.
27
28 Tomas