From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] gnupg-2 stable plans
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:18:52
1 On K, 2007-12-12 at 07:07 +0200, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
2 > On 12/12/07, William L. Thomson Jr. <wltjr@g.o> wrote:
3 > ...We will keep maintaining GnuPG-1
4 > > versions because they are very useful for small systems and for server
5 > > based applications requiring only OpenPGP support."
6 >
7 > As I told you before, I wont slot these two.
8
9 I would like to have the option to have a smaller gnupg version in the
10 shape of a well maintained upstream GnuPG-1 for any embedded or handheld
11 devices I might acquire in the future, as I would only need OpenPGP
12 support on such a limited disk and resource device. Please state a
13 reason for not providing me, and many other users and developers alike,
14 from such a choice.
15 With no slotting I can bet on GnuPG-1 going away shortly after all
16 architectures have stabled GnuPG-2, or is that not so and such users can
17 mask >=GnuPG-1.9 and keep using a smaller version that perfectly fits
18 their needs? If yes, why not slot it as is designed?
21 Regards,
22 Mart Raudsepp
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list