From: Dave <lurid@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [OT] KDE 3.2.3
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 02:32:17
1 On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 21:09 -0500, marduk wrote:
2 > Hate is a very strong word. Perhaps if you are feeling so much hate you
3 > should talk with someone to try to figure out whether something is wrong
4 > to cause you to feel that way.
5 >
6 > But that seems to be the color of your conversations as long as I have
7 > been following you on this list. Of course myself and others could be
8 > perceiving you the wrong way, but I personally feel you should deal with
9 > any demons that might be haunting you before you post to this list so
10 > that others not fall victim to them.
11
12 Thats a little reactionary. He didn't say that he hoped the development
13 staff of both Gnome and Red Hat die horrible deaths. He said he didn't
14 like it. He even said he hated it. So what? I hate a lot of things.
15 Seems to me that you're starting your own arguement due to a personal
16 reason of your own. :)
17
18 In any case, I like Gnome, but I don't like that Gnome is starting to
19 become more and more resource intensive. Right now I use XFce4, which
20 to me seems like Gnome-lite. It uses GTK so that it looks and feels
21 like Gnome, but without Nautilus and Metacity sucking down all my
22 resources. XFce4 is minimal when compared to Gnome or KDE, but its also
23 quite featureful when compared to Fluxbox.
24
25 Its a nice happy medium. :)
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list