From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Packages that explicitly DEPEND on sys-apps/sed
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 03:12:15
1 On Thursday, June 16, 2011 22:53:23 Steven J Long wrote:
2 > With regard to having a slimmed-down @system it might appear to make sense
3 > to look at moving to only allowing POSIX options, testing perhaps with
4 > sys-apps/minised[2] (assuming we'd have a virtual in @system) which I
5 > haven't tried. AIUI however there's far too many sed GNUisms to go down
6 > that road.
7
8 we've already discussed POSIX strictness in the tree multiple times, and it's
9 been shot down multiple times for good reason. GNU extensions make life a
10 hell of a lot easier, the majority of people are developing/testing on such
11 systems (Linux with GNU userland), and the burden on other ports is trivial if
12 not negligible. let's stop kicking this horse as we're at the glue stage now.
13 -mike