From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP concerning ebuild-development
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 00:56:54
1 On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 18:40:07 -0600 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 00:29 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | > On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 17:58:58 -0600 Lance Albertson
5 | In a perfect world, thats the case. Last time I checked, we don't live
6 | in a perfect world. Are you talking general development practices, or
7 | Gentoo specific practices? If its the latter, do we have a doc that
8 | covers some QA/practices related topics that maybe aren't covered in
9 | the dev handbook?
10
11 Officially, no, we don't.
12
13 | Its going to be hard to get around this problem with people, so why
14 | not create something that might make them aware of their problems and
15 | offer ways to help them get better instead of complaining about them?
16
17 Oh come on. There are some things that need experience. Would you
18 consider yourself to be in a position to propose changes to the debian
19 development system? Half of this GLEP is in effect already covered by
20 repoman anyway...
23 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
24 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
25 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm