From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP concerning ebuild-development
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 00:40:23
1 On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 00:29 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 17:58:58 -0600 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | How about both options? Some people prefer getting email reports,
5 > | others prefer just going to a website. I don't see how this could be a
6 > | problem, so why not offer both? :) Perhaps we should ask the author to
7 > | rewrite his proposed GLEP to be more of a QA monitoring system that
8 > | devs could use.
9 >
10 > Mmm, I think it'd help more if the author was actually aware of how
11 > development works.
12
13 In a perfect world, thats the case. Last time I checked, we don't live
14 in a perfect world. Are you talking general development practices, or
15 Gentoo specific practices? If its the latter, do we have a doc that
16 covers some QA/practices related topics that maybe aren't covered in the
17 dev handbook?
18
19 Its going to be hard to get around this problem with people, so why not
20 create something that might make them aware of their problems and offer
21 ways to help them get better instead of complaining about them?
24 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
25 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
26
27 ---
28 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
29 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
30
31 ramereth/irc.freenode.net