From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC, PATCH] user.eclass: gracefully return when unprivileged
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 11:19:33
1 Francesco Riosa <vivo75@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > maybe ewarn() is more appropriate than einfo()?
4 > Just in case it's executed outside the scope of prefix
5
6 I can't remember any use case when portage (or, paludis, etc.) is
7 executed as a normal user but not a from Prefix.
8
9 This message will only affect Prefix users, who won't be surprised that
10 they cannot create new groups or users. Therefore I think einfo is more
11 appropriate.
14 Furthermore, we do have Prefix that runs as a root, mostly usable on NAS
15 or smartphones, when we do ultimately like portage to manage groups and
16 users.
17
18 Benda