From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] app-cvs
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:13:30
1 rob holland wrote:
2 >
3 > --On Monday, July 14, 2003 12:25:16 +0300 Tal Peer <coredumb@g.o>
4 > wrote:
5 >
6 >> While discussing the state of the php-cvs package on #gentoo_dev, lu_zero
7 >> suggested that we open a new category 'app-cvs' and move all -cvs
8 >> packages there. That way we don't litter all the categories with -cvs
9 >> ebuilds that most of users don't need/want.
12 > I don't think this is a good idea. It defeats the purpose of the
13 > categories. Why would we do this when we don't do app-ftp for all apps
14 > which have an ftp url in the SRC_URI?
15 >
16 > Regards,
17 >
18 > Rob
19 >
20 > --
21 >
22 > robh@g.o / robh:irc.freenode.net
23 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~robh/robh@g.o.a
24 > sc
25
26 Another good name is apps-in-itinere or half-done, if that gives you a
27 better picture of what is the idea of that new cat.
32 Luca Barbato
33 Developer
34 Gentoo Linux http://www.gentoo.org/~lu_zero
40 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list