From: Felipe Ghellar <fghellar2@×××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Automatic menus?
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 00:09:29
1 > The program uses /usr/lib/menu to store menufiles, I don't really see
2 > any reason to change that.
3
4 I wasn't thinking about the menu app from debian (I don't have any
5 knowledge about it). I meant to have it as a portage feature. I
6 mentioned the /var/db/pkg/<categoy>/<package>/ dir because portage
7 already stores some info about the installed packages there...
10 > All this is a nice idea, but isn't it overkill? On one of my debian
11 > boxes that has over 1000 packages installed the /usr/lib/menu takes up
12 > 1.5 megs of space. Gentoo is not exactly small disk friendly, and unless
13 > there is something else I'm missing, wouldn't it be easier to give up
14 > 1.5 megs and just install the menufiles whether you use them or not?
15
16 Yeah, disk space is not an issue, but I don't think that a script to
17 look for menu files under /var/db/pkg/*/*/menus/ and copy them somewhere
18 else classifies as 'overkill'. ;)
21 []'s
22 Felipe
23
25 Yahoo! Encontros
26 O lugar certo para encontrar a sua alma gêmea.
27 http://br.encontros.yahoo.com/