From: scope <genes1s@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Enoch Linux
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 21:58:29
1 here is an archive of the webpage: http://web.archive.org/web/*/gentoo.org
2
3 - scope
4
5 On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 09:02, Drake Wyrm wrote:
6 > Are there any historical archives of Enoch Linux still floating around?
7 > I would like to take a look at some of the pre-Gentoo instantiations of
8 > what is now Gentoo. I am also interested in any mailing list, IRC log,
9 > and website archives which may still be available.
10 >
11 > I am interested in this information (aside from reasons of pure
12 > curiosity) because I am currently trying to increase my activity as a
13 > Gentoo contributor. Knowledge and understanding of the history of a
14 > project helps to explain why things work the way they do. Understanding
15 > *why* things work the way they do leads to a better understanding of
16 > *how* they work. This also helps prevent the too-common "It confuses me,
17 > therefore it must be changed" syndrome. Despite my appearance, I am
18 > human.
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list