From: Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Something positive! (was Re: Client-serve flags (again ;))
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 15:37:28
1 On 11/03/07, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sat, 2007-03-10 at 22:52 +0000, Jeff Rollin wrote:
4 > > Personally I find "you are/he/she/it/x,y,z is gay" statements/jokes
5 > > really lame. The topic matter doesn't seem to be relevant to anything
6 > > (beyond whom you might want to sleep with/marry, obviously) - does
7 > > being gay make you a better/worse airline pilot? Does it inhibit your
8 > > ability to be a software engineer? Are you more likely to step out on
9 > > to the road in front of an oncoming vehicle? Does it mean you spend 60
10 > > mins a day more than heterosexuals watching television? Are Mac users
11 > > (as one OSNews nit posted recently) gay? Who gives a
12 > > word-replaced-by-four-asterisks?
13 >
14 > *sigh*
15 >
16 > Can we drop this crap? Really, it was a joke. It wasn't even a joke in
17 > which someone said someone else was gay. Sure there was some hinting
18 > and some innuendo, but that's what made the joke.
21 Huh? Excuse me, but as I tried to indicate in another message, I'm as much
22 on YOUR side as anyone else's.
23
24 Jeff
27 Q: What will happen in the Aftermath?
28
29 A: Impossible to tell, since we're still in the Beforemath.
30
31 http://latedeveloper.org.uk