From: Sam James <sam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: pr@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item: media-sound/pulseffects "renaming"
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 00:11:27
1 > On 13 Jul 2021, at 01:08, Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 2021-07-13 01:01, Marek Szuba wrote:
4 >
5 >> Title: PipeWire versions of PulseEffects are now media-sound/easyeffects
6 >> Author: Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o>
7 >> Posted: 2021-07-16
8 >> Revision: 1
9 >> News-Item-Format: 2.0
10 >> Display-If-Installed: >=media-sound/pulseeffects-5.0.0
11 >> In response to the upstream decision to rename PulseEffects to EasyEffects we have decided to adopt the new name for versions only supporting media-video/pipewire while retaining the old one for versions allowing the use of media-sound/pulseaudio.
12 >> media-sound/easyeffects is already available in the tree, and all the
13 >> PipeWire-dependent ebuilds of media-sound/pulseeffects will be removed
14 >> in 7 days. Therefore, users of >=media-sound/pulseeffects-5.0.0 are asked to emerge media-sound/easyeffects instead.
15 >
16 > Looks like Thunderbird's somehow cocked up the line breaks in the first paragraph :-/ For the record, _this_ is what the news item looks like (modulo quote marks of course) in my text file.
19 FWIW, using git send-mail on the gentoo-news repo avoids this ;)
20
21 best,
22 sam