From: Taras Glek <taras.glek@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE packages/categories and subcategories
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 14:25:37
1 On Wed, 8 Aug 2001 14:05:47 -0600
2 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 10:53:23PM +0300, Dan Armak wrote:
5 > > > There are many hundreds if not thousands of
6 > > > apps registered on apps.kde.com, in 20+ categories.
7 > >
8 > > I checked; there are 1,071 apps.
9 >
10 > I just talked to Hallski, the Desktop Team Leader, and he will be reorganizing
11 > the gnome-* and kde-* categories. kde-apps, gnome-apps and gnome-libs will go
12 > away and the displaced ebuilds will be incorporated into the remaining
13 > categories. In other words, gnome office apps will go in app-office, etc.
14 > So, problem resolved.
15 Hmm, I really like how the current system is where gnome apps have their place and kde apps have theirs. It makes it really easy then to unmerge a whole group of packages at once with a bash one liner. IE gnome or kde could be removed in one simple step. I throught this was a feature, I would hate to see it disappear.
16 >
17 > Best Regards,
18 >
19 > --