From: Stefan Jones <cretin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] revdep-rebuild
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:21:13
1 On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 15:57 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > >
3 > > But first I have an idea to only use scanelf (but that may have issues
4 > > with 32/64 combined userspaces) which I would want to implement.
5 >
6 > no, it doesnt ... scanelf can handle any ELF format regardless of
7 > endian/bitsize of the host or target or any combo thereof
8 >
9 > you can scan 32bit MSB ARM ELF's from a host 64bit LSB X86_64 host just as
10 > easily as say from a 32bit MSB PARISC host
11
12 Sorry, was not clear enough, a 32bit library cannot resolve a 64bit
13 dependency. So when you read in the available libraries and there
14 dependencies you need to keep track of which type they are.
15
16 Anyway, the -i flag to scanelf fixes that and other issues, just group
17 all the data from scanelf by interpreter (so have multiple hashes, one
18 for each interp).
19
20 Stefan
21 --