From: "Arek (James Potts)" <arek75@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] virtual/x11-7* hides real bugs and breaks good ebuilds
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 16:18:45
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Jakub Moc wrote:
3 >
4 >>> =virtual/x11-7 is hiding breakage in ebuilds that are not ported for
5 >>>
6 >> modular X.
9 > I couldn't agree more, but I was forced to add this rather than allow
10 > unported ebuilds to break.
11 >
12 > Thanks,
13 > Donnie
16 Hmmm...Looks to me like it would be a great idea to fix the unported
17 ebuilds. Would it be possible to mark virtual/x11-7 as deprecated
18 (using enotice/ewarn or similar), in order to get people to port any
19 build relying on it to modular X?
20
21 The way I see it, once virtual/x11-7 has been deprecated for a while (6
22 months to a year) and most popular packages have been ported to modular
23 X, virtual/x11-7 and any packages still relying on it could be given
24 Last Rites.
25
26 --Arek
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list