From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Enemy Territory and Gentoo
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:03:38
1 Luke-Jr wrote:
2 > On Monday 22 September 2003 02:54 pm, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > #3. we have no control over the
4 >
5 >>installation path, so portage cannot track the files.
6 >
7 > Why is it that Portage is able to catch file access outside of the sandbox,
8 > but cannot remap the access to the correct location in $WORKDIR? It sounds
9 > logical. Is there a reason it isn't/can't be done?
10
11 I've only been partly following this thread, but I think I may
12 understand. The ebuild doesn't install the game. It just installs the
13 installer. Portage can track where the installer is installed, but the
14 files that the installer places are installed independently of the
15 ebuild and portage.
18 Andrew Gaffney
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list