From: Christian Aust <christian@××××××××××.de>
To: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Missing feature for
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 20:58:53
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'm not sure if gentoo actually lacks this feature, but how can I
4 permanently accept ebuilds that are marked unstable, _without_ messing
5 with the original ebuild file and loosing my changes during the next
6 portage update?
7
8 Ie, I've emerged gcc-3.3 and like to give it a try on my Intel P4. But
9 "emerge -ep system" would downgrade it to 3.2.x first, instead of
10 leaving it alone. Also, I wouldn't like to accept all unstable packages
11 in make.conf; I figure it would be more difficult to tell what went
12 wrong wrong in case of an error if you have all unstable packages (and
13 not only gcc).
14
15 Your feedback is appreciated. Best regards,
16
17 - Christian
21 Christian Aust
22 mailto:christian@××××××××××.de
23 icq: 84500990 - Yahoo!: datenimperator - MSN: datenimperator
24 GPG: 3C89AD72
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list