From: christoph@×××××××.com
To: "Ardern, Steve" <Steve.Ardern@××××××××××.com>
Cc: "'gentoo-dev@g.o'" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Quick question
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:16:58
1 You can do this by preloading a library that intercepts these calls to
2 the c library. Set LD_PRELOAD to that library name. fakeroot (debian
3 package) does that to generate a virtual root environment.
4
5 If you want to do this the right way then you need to implement a
6 filesystem in the kernel..;-) There are tools that forward fs requests to
7 userland. Those might help you to get going fast.
8