From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glep 42 (news) round six
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 16:57:42
1 On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 12:18:16 +0200 Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | Another new issue nobody has mentioned yet:
4 | The GLEP doesn't say anything about file permissions/ownership as in
5 | who will/should be able to a) read news and b) modify the news-*
6 | files. Without thinking too much about it I'd say a) users in portage
7 | group and b) root.
8
9 My prototype hack has the news files as 664, so even non-Portage-group
10 users can read things -- they just can't update the news-*.read files.
13 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (I can kill you with my brain)
14 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
15 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm