From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Default useflag cleanups: -apm -foomaticdb -fortran -imlib -motif -oss -xmms
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 18:40:55
1 Monday, 5. June 2006 18:03, Stefan Schweizer Ви написали:
2 > -fortran - Do we really need this outdated language as a default in gcc?
3 Which one, Fortran-99 or Fortran-2006? ;)
4 (Well, Ok, gfortran in gcc does not do 2006 yet, but still..)
5
6 On the usage side: if you do that (i.e. remove it) you will be amazed by how
7 many packages need it and how many users will cry foul because some
8 dependency of their favorite app requires Fortran and now they have to
9 rebuild gcc (or they even have no idea where to get Fortran from; yea, that
10 happened too). It is for this precise reason that this useflag was *added* to
11 default profiles not so long ago (well, about two years now :)). And this is
12 like the 3rd time somebody wants to rip it off, just because "this is some
13 kind of outdated language" ;).
14 Can we please leave it alone finally? Pretty please? :).
15
16 George
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list