From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 18:20:38
1 On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 12:11:34PM +0100, Stephen Bennett wrote:
2 > On Wed, 17 May 2006 12:14:37 +0200
3 > Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Using the normal profiles would also establish paludis as a possible
6 > > replacement of portage as primary package manager. Refraining from
7 > > doing so disqualifies paludis from becoming a replacement for
8 > > portage. As the only point in adding a secondary package manager is
9 > > the possible replacement of the current primary package manager, I
10 > > see no point to make any paludis directed changes to the tree.
11 >
12 > Using the normal profiles isn't an option unless they're changed to
13 > include virtual/portage in the system set instead of sys-apps/portage.
14 > That's the key change we're interested in here -- that the system set
15 > not pull in portage when paludis is being used instead.
16
17 Override the virtuals via user side configuration (capabilities
18 existant in portage) is one solution to that issue.
19 ~harring