From: Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:16:52
1 On Wed, 17 May 2006 12:14:37 +0200
2 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Using the normal profiles would also establish paludis as a possible
5 > replacement of portage as primary package manager. Refraining from
6 > doing so disqualifies paludis from becoming a replacement for
7 > portage. As the only point in adding a secondary package manager is
8 > the possible replacement of the current primary package manager, I
9 > see no point to make any paludis directed changes to the tree.
10
11 Using the normal profiles isn't an option unless they're changed to
12 include virtual/portage in the system set instead of sys-apps/portage.
13 That's the key change we're interested in here -- that the system set
14 not pull in portage when paludis is being used instead.
15 --
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list