From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deprecating repoman
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2022 21:47:40
1 On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 1:37 PM Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o> wrote:
4 > Just a quick though:
5 >
6 > Looking at the man page of repoman it doesn't look to difficult to
7 > replicate the behavior with pkgcheck. Meaning, we could think of
8 > creating a drop-in replacement for "repoman [full]" (which would just
9 > call pkgcheck) and "repoman commit" which actually does much more than
10 > just prepending the git commit summary line: repoman commit does
11 >
12 > - update the manifest
13 > - bail out if files are not correctly "git add"ed
14 > - add the output of [pkgcheck] as a comment to the git commit
15 > description
16
17 I wouldn't block anyone from doing this, but it's not something I'm
18 personally interested in pursuing. I see very little value here.