From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: dev-portage@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo-Status
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 12:59:56
1 Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:56:11 -0400
3 > Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> It has been noted that certain projects do not communicate their
6 >> activities well.
7 >>
8 >> Many projects provide documentation for things(java), provide status
9 >> updates on things(ppc), have bits in the gwn (x86,userrel,amd64),
10 >> Release releases (releng), or have active webpages (adopt-a-dev,
11 >> bugday)
12 >>
13 >> There are some projects that keep to themselves; AND these projects
14 >> concern other projects (are global, to an extent). This AND means I
15 >> can leave out things like arch teams, or smaller projects that don't
16 >> update often. This mail is not meant for things like that. So below
17 >> we have 3 large far-reaching projects.
18 >>
19 >> Gentoo Quality Assurance Team
20 >> Gentoo Infrastructure Team
21 >> Gentoo Portage Team
22 >> Gentoo Foundation
23 >> Gentoo Council
24 >>
25 >> All 5 of these projects are active. However all 5 have failed to
26 >> communicate what they are doing; leading to people asking multiple
27 >> times about an issue, people getting frustrated, people getting
28 >> outright pissed off and hostile. Today especially has been a bad day
29 >> for this.
30 >
31 > If this really concerns you then I have to ask why *you* didn't send
32 > status reports for the Portage Team in the past?
33 >
34 > Marius
37 Actually the Portage Team's lack of communication was brought to my
38 attention recently by Tsunam after a lengthy discussion on irc. I was
39 on the team, I certainly knew what was going on ;) Same with QA. Same
40 with (mostly) infra since I hang out in -infra all day long. But as it
41 has been noted in the past that not everyone can hang in every channel
42 and "get a feel for what is going on" I figured I would volunteer to
43 relay information.
46 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list