From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: dev-portage@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo-Status
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 06:09:56
1 On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:56:11 -0400
2 Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > It has been noted that certain projects do not communicate their
5 > activities well.
6 >
7 > Many projects provide documentation for things(java), provide status
8 > updates on things(ppc), have bits in the gwn (x86,userrel,amd64),
9 > Release releases (releng), or have active webpages (adopt-a-dev,
10 > bugday)
11 >
12 > There are some projects that keep to themselves; AND these projects
13 > concern other projects (are global, to an extent). This AND means I
14 > can leave out things like arch teams, or smaller projects that don't
15 > update often. This mail is not meant for things like that. So below
16 > we have 3 large far-reaching projects.
17 >
18 > Gentoo Quality Assurance Team
19 > Gentoo Infrastructure Team
20 > Gentoo Portage Team
21 > Gentoo Foundation
22 > Gentoo Council
23 >
24 > All 5 of these projects are active. However all 5 have failed to
25 > communicate what they are doing; leading to people asking multiple
26 > times about an issue, people getting frustrated, people getting
27 > outright pissed off and hostile. Today especially has been a bad day
28 > for this.
29
30 If this really concerns you then I have to ask why *you* didn't send
31 status reports for the Portage Team in the past?
32
33 Marius
38 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
39 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.