From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] repo/gentoo:master commit in: eclass/
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 20:23:32
1 On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 3:21 PM, M. J. Everitt <m.j.everitt@×××.org> wrote:
2 > On 14/05/16 18:52, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 1:07 PM, landis blackwell
4 >> <blackwelllandis@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>> No fun allowed
6 >>>
7 >> Are you saying that you don't want people to have fun developing
8 >> Gentoo? Or are you trying to say that it is impossible to have fun
9 >> developing Gentoo without insulting strangers? I don't think anybody
10 >> minds two friends teasing each other.
11 >>
12 > I think my gut feeling would go "there's a time and a place..." .. and
13 > err on the g-dev ML probably not being it .. unless everyone else is in
14 > on the 'joke' ..
17 Sure, and just to be clear I don't think we should be bothered by
18 informality and joking around. If you have a good relationship with
19 somebody and poking at each other is just how you relate, you can get
20 away with it. We shouldn't have to walk on eggshells, but it just
21 seems like we get a lot of flames in general going around and IMO at
22 least it seems like it makes the distro a bit less fun.
23
24 Of course we shouldn't lower our standards for quality, and I suspect
25 that most of the people who do commit mistakes to the tree would
26 probably agree, at least when they're sober. :)
29 Rich