From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: final version of git-r3 (+ compat for git-2)
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 10:54:25
1 On 3 September 2013 11:45, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hello, all.
5 > I'm attaching git-r3.eclass and a patch to git-2.eclass that adds
6 > ability to use git-r3 internally via make.conf switch.
7
8 I am a bit skeptical about this. Why would someone want to do this
9 apart from testing the git-r3 eclass without touching
10 the existing git-r2 compatible ebuilds? And why do you want to do that in
11 the first place? If the maintainer is happy with how git-r2 works with
12 his ebuilds
13 I see no reason to allow users to silently override that eclass.
16 Regards,
17 Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
18 http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang