From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Keywordreqs and slacking arch teams
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 02:19:26
1 On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 10:05:02AM -0800, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 3:43 AM Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > > On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 11:35:49 +0000
5 > > Michael 'veremitz' Everitt <gentoo@×××××××.xyz> wrote:
6 > >
7 > > > Note: we're nnot acttually talking about replacing portage here, just
8 > > > creating a tool ((((thiink php script web tthingy)) that will do some of
9 > > > the pre-screeninng worrrrk that AT hate (eg.... what kensiington did
10 > > with
11 > > > stable-bbot)
12 > > >
13 > > > * with apologies for keyboard/remote-access lagggg creating typo hell.
14 > >
15 > > But, doing that requires viewing realised copies of ebuilds, which
16 > > requires interpreting eclasses and variable interpolation, which
17 > > requires bash sourcing, which requires a mountain of portage hell.
20 > > Yes, sharing the stable-bot logic would probably be fine.
21 > >
22 > > But it doesn't use a database AFAIK, it would likely just be making use
23 > > of the MD5Cache (either directly, or indirectly via portage APIs)
24 > >
25 > > But I won't be volunteering, because I won't touch python.
28 > You could of course work together with someone else to write the tool?
29 >
30 > -A
31
32 Ah, you found the Achilles heel. It is much easier to postulate on the mailing
33 list, use big words, and then say you just won't do that thing because
34 tools/languages such.
35
36 Perl though...
39 Cheers,