From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] libpcre.so.3 - Compatibility with Debian
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 17:55:56
1 On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 12:40:38 -0500
2 james <garftd@×××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Ok, show us a solution based on your dashed items
5
6 That's not what were doing here.
7
8 We have a bunch of different solutions with different trade-offs, and
9 whatever happens has to live with everything else.
10
11 And so we're discussing them, working out which one we're going to do.
12
13 > Nothing is stopping you, other than yourself of course....
14
15 My point is more, clearly, you're the most motivated about this, surely
16 this means you're in more of a position to do something about it.
17
18 Its not on my list of immediate tasks, because a) It doesn't directly
19 interest me b) I have other pressing things to stress over.
20
21 I'm preoccupied with making things better within our current capacity
22 and features.
23
24 I don't have the resources to stretch our feature set and make things
25 more reliable in Gentoo at the same time :)
26
27 hth :)