From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Proposal for how to handle stable ebuilds
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 07:50:37
1 В Вск, 30/11/2008 в 16:59 -0600, Ryan Hill пишет:
2 > On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:13:34 -0500
3 > Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o> wrote:
4 > > [proposal]
5
6 > I know it's not directly related to stabilization, but lately people
7 > have been removing the only keyworded package for the mips arch, under
8 > the excuse that's it's been over 30 days since they opened a keywording
9 > bug. This has been happening on bugs where there are technical issues
10 > and on bugs where we just haven't replied (in which case i can see the
11 > justification). I don't think this is acceptable, just as I don't
12 > think removing the only stable version of a package on an arch is
13 > be acceptable, barring the circumstances Mark outlined above.
14
15 That people should revert back that ebuilds then. Of course it's not
16 acceptable to remove keywords just because of one's wishes. As it was
17 told in this thread old ebuilds are not maintainer's concern and he/she
18 could touch them only after all arch teams finish their work. Until they
19 done all bugs in old ebuilds should be assigned on arch teams.
22 Peter.