From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Questions about stabilization requests
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 19:14:02
1 On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Robert R. Russell
2 <nahoy_kbiki@××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Some of the packages that I use are ~arch keyworded right now and I was
4 > wanting to ask some questions about when to file stabilization requests and
5 > about how much information needs to be provided when filling them.
6 >
7 > 1) How long do you recommend using a package before filing a stabilization
8 > request?
9 >
10 > 2) Should I file stabilization requests on software that works mostly as in
11 > everything that I use it for normally but I can force it to fail if I feed it
12 > some really strange input or contrive a specific set of options that will
13 > cause invalid or incorrect output.
14 >
15 > 3) Should I provide a patch that removes the ~arch keyword when I file the
16 > stabilization request?
17
18 3) No, we have tools that do this for us.
19
20 -Alec
24 > Thanks.