From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changing the metastructure (was: [Council] Summary of the last meeting)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:36:26
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote: [Wed Oct 25 2006, 11:17:09AM CDT]
2 > On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:48:57 -0500 Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | (Incidentally, I apologize for missing the meeting. I was in
5 > | intensely boring radiation safety training.)
6 >
7 > Uh, isn't boring a good thing when it comes to things involving
8 > radiation?
9
10 Yes, when you're handling actual nukes (nuclear sources). No, when it's
11 the fourth eight-hour day of explaining how the keys to nuclear safety
12 are distance (farther is better, and exposure is an inverse square law),
13 time (shorter is better), and shielding (more is better, and use plastic
14 or water to stop neutrons, not lead).
15
16 Meanwhile, I received this reply to my e-mail well before the actual
17 e-mail. Anybody know what's causing these e-mail issues? Now that we
18 have trustees in place, would ordering new boxes help?
19
20 -g2boojum-
21 --
22 Grant Goodyear
23 Gentoo Developer
24 g2boojum@g.o
25 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
26 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76