From: Christel Dahlskjaer <christel@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What would Freud say? New developer; Mike Kelly!
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 02:16:27
1 On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 01:22 +0100, Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:
2 > Hailing from Pittsburgh, PA, the cognitive science department at
3 > Carnegie Mellon University comes Mike Kelly aka pioto. Already known by
4 > some of us from his excellent work on dynusers[1] during this years
5 > Summer of Code he now comes onboard to put it in the tree and
6 > maintaining it, apart from having implemented GLEP 27 he has previously
7 > contributed some ebuilds, such as net-im/zephyr. He'll no doubt take up
8 > some more interesting stuff besides dynusers, that is, if he finds time.
9 > Although he is taking a gap year before returning as a fourth year
10 > student at CMU he keeps busy by doing watersports. Yes, watersports. I
11 > took a double take at that one, before realising he was talking about
12 > water polo and swimming. He comes prepared, Boy Scout and all!
13 >
14 > I of course am most thrilled to find that we've another developer with a
15 > keen interest in the human brain, he may not be able to read your mind
16 > but he does speak bash, C, C++, Java, Perl and some sml.
17 >
18 > So yeah, buy him a pint and welcome him onboard!
19
20 As hparker pointed out, I'm a ditzy bint and didn't link to [1], you can
21 check out his SoC stuff over at:
22 http://www.pioto.org/~pioto/gentoo/soc2006/
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list