From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: make system-sqlite a global USE flag
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 04:13:59
1 On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 15:52:42 +0200
2 "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > The meaning is identical in all those cases, and I think the number of
5 > packages may have hit the threshold for a global flag.
6 >
7 > <...>
8 >
9 > If we'd make system-sqlite a global USE flag, I'd suggest a description
10 > like "Use the system-wide dev-db/sqlite instead of bundled copy of sqlite."
11 >
12 > What do you think?
13
14 This isn't a flag that should ever be used outside of a specific use-case,
15 which is itself a workaround for retarded upstream policies. Making it global
16 has zero advantages.
19 fonts, gcc-porting, we hold our breath, we spin around the world
20 toolchain, wxwidgets you and me cling to the outside of the earth
21 @ gentoo.org EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662