From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for June
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 03:30:41
1 Ryan Hill wrote:
2 > On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 19:41:28 +0200
3 > Raúl Porcel <armin76@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> IMHO the packages should be keyworded if an arch team member or an
6 >> user of that arch requests it. Keywording something if an user of
7 >> said arch doesn't request it, is a waste of resources.
8 >
9 > How is making things available to your users a waste of resources?
10 > Anyways, if you're so far behind that you don't think you can manage
11 > keywording another package then just say so and deny the request.
14 ++
15
16 I'd like to comment that in theory a package maintainer should have a
17 decent idea of what archs a particular package should work on. I can't
18 imagine that the vmware maintainers are going to be sending keyword
19 requests to the sparc team...
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list