From: "Derek J. Belrose" <derek@×××××××××.com>
To: Jeff Rose <rosejn@××××××××.EDU>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GUI installer
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 20:36:13
I haven't had any problems with wxPython, and it should be pretty simple
straight through.  I do think limiting the stage 3 to X11 is kind of
presumptuious though.  My Blade 100 doesn't have a monitor hooked up, so
an X11 install would in fact limit me to a Stage 2 or 1 install.

Anyway, once we get the CLI part, we should be able to design a decent
gui around it.

I want to start a thread on what a gui/cli package manager should do,
what info to present, etc.