From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council meeting, Thursday 15th, 1900 UTC
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:56:28
1 On Tuesday 13 September 2005 07:46 pm, Lance Albertson wrote:
2 > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > Not really, because my opinion that devrel shouldn't be involved is not
4 > > automatically turned into reality (much to my regret). I'm trying to
5 > > supply evidence why this should stay between QA and infra.
6 > >
7 > >> at any rate, you're proposing giving the control to the QA team which
8 > >> has no guidelines or processes outlined, let alone the manpower.
9 > >> devrel has all of these.
10 > >
11 > > And devrel is the wrong group to handle it, so QA needs to come up with
12 > > some guidelines.
13 >
14 > I tend to agree with Donnie on this partially. Devrel's main focus isn't
15 > the QA of the tree, its dealing with developers.
16
17 exactly, which is what i said originally
18
19 QA flags developers as bad apples and tells devrel to punish them
20
21 > If QA has done all it can to help improve someone or deal with their
22 > problems, then devrel can take over it. Give the power to the right
23 > people so they can do the right kind of work and decisions.
24
25 i also noted this originally ... QA team tells dev what they've done wrong and
26 to plzfixkthx. if dev is unresponsive/continues to produce garbage, then QA
27 team informs devrel to clean up said dev.
28 -mike
29 --
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list